Solutions to iPhone Cannot Connect to ApowerMirrorViews : 11226 Replies : 11 Likes : 0 2017-12-26 00:59 #1
Many iPhone users want to find the solution: iPhone cannot connect to ApowerMirror via WiFi. Here is the detailed guide for your reference.
PC can not be detected by iOS device.
1. Make sure your phone and PC are connected to the same WiFi network.
2. Restart your computer, mobile phone, ApowerMirror desktop program and the router, and then try again.
3. Make sure the firewall on PC hasn’t blocked ApowerMirror. If so, you need to raise the blockade manually. On your PC, open “Control Panel” > “System and Security” > “Windows Firewall” > “Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall”, then you can find ApowerMirror on “Allowed apps and features”. Tick the “Private” and “Public” boxes to allow this app to communicate through Windows Firewall.
4. Make sure the antivirus program hasn’t blocked ApowerMirror. Try exiting or uninstalling the anti-virus software McAfee(especially disabling its firewall function).
5. Check Bonjour Service on PC. Please make sure that you’ve installed iTunes on your computer and then examine the Task Manager to see if there is the service or not. Hold down “Ctrl + Alt + Delete” on keyboard or just right-click on the taskbar to open the Task Manager. Check Bonjour Service within “Services”. If it’s running, you may right-click it and select “Restart” to have a try. If it has stopped, you need to right-click it and start this service. If there’s no Bonjour Service under “Services”, then you have to manually download one on your PC. Ensure the setup package is downloaded under the Apowermirror folder.
6. If you are using a public or company WiFi. The router of your company has turned on “AP Isolation” or the WiFi blocked our ports. Please consult the technicians of your company to solve this issue.
7. Make sure both of your PC and iOS device are connected to the same router. If the PC support connection via WiFi hotspots, you can establish the LAN through WiFi hotspots before connecting.
PC can be detected but the connection still can not be achieved.
1. Make sure the firewall on PC hasn’t be blocked ApowerMirror and turn off it before trying again.
2. Disable the anti-virus software on PC and connect again.
Note: Xiaomi Mi router and Huawei router are not recommended because they are likely to disable the network connection between the mobile device and PC. If all attempts including restarting the router do not work, you can resort to Huawei or Xiaomi Support Center.
If the above solutions cannot help, please follow the screenshot below and send feedback from the desktop program. Our technician will check it out soon.
JoeH.at.oracleParticipant2019-02-14 08:16 #3
If the firewall is preventing the transmission of Apowermirror, is there a way to add permissions so McAfee does not have to be disabled? To disable the firewall is a direct violation of company policy.
mehra.umangParticipant2019-07-23 10:19 #4
My iphone is detecting the laptop but when I select the PC device to mirror on it asks for an “onscreen code”, which unfortunately is absent on PC screen.
Zipps ReviewsParticipant2019-08-17 12:46 #5
The only thing that works for me is turning off Firewall in Avast.
However, I HAVE allowed the app in several places in the anti-virus software. It would be nice if that alone worked. It makes no sense to be able to allow an app, and for that not to resolve the problem.
I am not comfortable with fully disabling firewall, and there must be a solution that you guys can point me to.
rvashiParticipant2019-11-05 22:07 #6
I am on iOS, cannot connect to ApowerMirror. I have tried everything that was
suggested on your Support website. It is not finding Apowermirror at the
time of screen mirroring from my phone. It was working previously but now
it has stopped working.